Thursday 22 February 2018

#bloodyinterviews 6

In a job spec was written: 

Sent CV to ##emailaddress##
Specifying why this job, and where do you see your selves in 5 years

Mistakes are their own. 

So I wrote them:

22 February 2018

Dear Sir/Madam.

Let me open this cover letter answering your two questions.

Why do I want this job? For the money, of course. Gardening is a passion for me but working for a low wage makes even a passion unbearable. Variety of jobs doesn't pay the bills. This should answer also to which wage I will accept.

Where do I see myself in 5 years? In a better position. Which doesn't necessarily mean more money but a balanced situation, where all aspects of the job work to make it pleasant and allow some kind of growth. We spend too much time at work to do something unpleasant. If such a situation will be possible in your company I will be with you, otherwise, I will move on.

I apologise for my bluntness.


Now, let me talk briefly about my 25-year long working experience in the Horticultural Industry.

I don't know if they'll answer, but if they do we'll begin well.

No comments:

Post a Comment