Sunday 17 September 2017

In effigy



There's a bunch of keys on the table. There are some cigarettes on the sofa. There's a blood stain on the carpet. And the TV is on.


There's some cash close the keys. There's a wine bottle on the floor. There are two glasses on a tray. And the music softly comes from the TV.


There's a magazine close the cigarettes. There's a woman purse laid on the ground. There's a small, white hand that appears from behind the armchair.


There's the traffic noise getting in through the window. There are the neon lights reflecting in the room. There are people shouting on the road. There's a knife in my grasp.


There's a thick lock of red hair close the hand. There are two green eyes staring wide open. There are many freckles on a little nose. There's her snow white skin.


I didn't do it for love. I didn't do it for hatred. I just did want you to leave forever. But it didn't work.


She has hair as red as yours. She has the skin as white as yours. She has hands as small as yours. But she isn't you.


I did want you leaving my head. I did want you getting lost in the past. I did want to forget you. I did try to kill you in effigy.




No comments:

Post a Comment