Wednesday 26 August 2015

Misogyny 2



Do you think that what I wrote is wrong? Is not concealing part of woman's nature? Come on! It's what all of you do. No, I'm not unfair in judging women so. I'm simply acknowledging what the fact of matter is, proved by centuries of feminine behaviour. Whatever is the pleasure or the satisfaction a man can get from a woman, it's something he will pay dear. Don't even think it! It's not me who says that men are better than women. Maybe they are even worse, but this is not my problem: it's a women's problem. But it doesn't change that, whether he deserves it or not, sooner or later any man will receive a stab in the back from the woman closest to him. And more of himself he has given to her, deeper the wound will be when the understanding comes, that very little really is as it was shown. You cannot avoid to deceive us, it's just a matter of time before it happens. You do it for anger, to make us pay, and you do it for love, to "protect" us. What you say? That you have never dissimulated with me? I didn't say that every woman deceives me. I said that all women deceive. And being here with me, in this moment, isn't it implying that your are deceiving your husband?



As soon as he arrived, he proceeded to the sultaness's apartment, commanded her to be bound before him, and delivered her to his grand vizier, with an order to strangle her, which was accordingly executed by that minister, without inquiring into her crime. The enraged prince did not stop here, but cut off the heads of all the sultaness's ladies with his own hand. After this rigorous punishment, being persuaded that no woman was chaste, he resolved, in order to prevent the disloyalty of such as he should afterwards marry, to wed one every night, and have her strangled next morning.

-One thousand and one night     

No comments:

Post a Comment